Hoi An: rural life past and present.
An outing showcasing the traditional and cultural aspects of Hoi An, allowing you to reflect on the time when Hoi An was an isolated, self sufficient rural village, before it became an internationally acclaimed tourist destination.
Day one: A ride on a buffalo cart, with BBQ dinner (3pm – 6pm)
Explore a small village surrounded by ricefields on the outskirts of Hoi An. Afterwards relaxing with a massage and bbq dinner in the middle of the ricefields.
- 45 minute buffalo cart ride through rice fields to a local village, where you can observe and visit some homes of villagers who grow vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants.
- Enjoy a ride on the water buffalo, a great photo opportunity to commemorate your trip
- Take a walk across the fields, arriving at your private cabana, built with bamboo and decorated with cloth, housing your dining and massage area.
- Relax with a 30 minute foot, head and shoulder massage.
- Private BBQ dinner with a bottle of Chilean wine. (lemongrass steamed snails or grilled prawns, roasted duck , fish grilled in banana leaves )
- Take a short stroll through the rice fields back to Chic Hotel.
Day two: A cultural tour on Vintage Vespa motorbikes (7.30 am – 2pm )
Riding on the back of vintage Piaggio Vespa motorbikes this day trip explores villages allowing you to observe the culture and some ancient trades of villages near Hoi An.
- Take a ferry ride with the Vespa across the Thu Bon river and explore the meandering village tracks, visiting local homes where handicrafts such as bamboo furniture and reed mats are made, and which the area is known for.
- Explore a local fishing village and relax with a cup of Vietnamese coffee as you watch the activities of the village market before visiting a local house specializing in making fish sauce.
- Visit the morning market selling local products and sample some local food such as “Banh xeo - crispy pancakes”, “Banh Suse – Suse sweet cake” or “Xoa xoa - sweet tea”.
- Visit the home of an old artisan who makes bamboo basket boats and take the helm to test your bamboo boat rowing skills.
- Visit the “bamboo house” the home of a bamboo craftsman, with rice flour and noodle making demonstration by his wife
- Share a lunch at the “bamboo house “ with our hosts.
- Ride our Vespas back to the dock to take the ferry back to Hoi An