When choosing our location amidst the paddy fields and rural village, we were very conscious of our social and environmental responsibility to our employees and the local community.
We know our business activities impact the earth, our resources, and the lives of others. That's why we continually work to conserve resources, preserve natural habitats, and prevent pollution. We actively invest in sustainable initiatives that provide economic and environmental benefits.
UNIQUE ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
We appreciate environmentally sustainable construction by maximizing the use of the specific natural materials in building and interior design, sourced from local suppliers. These include: marble stone, local wooden, bamboo, artisan pottery products and rattan.
Our design philosophy is underpinned by our commitment to sustainability. The rooms are oriented in a way that facilitates exposure to filtered natural light, while minimizing heat during the day.
We ensure the materials used in our products are as environmentally sustainable as possible. When evaluating products, we consider the product life cycle and renewability. Our preference is to use renewable raw materials and /or recycled materials, the use of resources and energy in their production shall be minimized
In each room and throughout hotel, we demonstrate the commitment in the following ways;
- Free refillable bottles of filtered water, shopping bags & palm hats are available in all guest room;
- All natural refillable bathroom toiletries;
- Reusable recycling bins in all the rooms;
- Use of Eco-friendly biodegradable drink straws ;
- Staff uniforms are made from eco-friendly fabrics;
- We use alternatives to plastic wherever possible from employees glass water bottles to wooden staff name badges;
- Our room keys are made from recycled wood;
In an effort to be paper – smart, reclaimed chalkboard are used in our restaurant & tour desk for notes, menu or tour recommendations.
LOCAL SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Most of our employees are local people. Our desire is that the economic development of the local people will complement the development of our hotel.
Wherever possible Hoi An Chic purchases ingredients, goods and services from local establishments. For example, the freshest vegetables and fruits are sourced from local markets; the terracotta tiles or bamboo lanterns are sourced from traditional handicraft villages.
We are actively involved in local initiatives such as regular beach and river clean up.
Community support is our yearly primary care. We co-operate with local charity teams to organize meaningful activities: donate for disaster relief, support for students in the mountain regions with books, learning facilities and uniform.
We frequently measure and monitor the amount of waste generated in our operation and analyze how it can be minimized. We work to limit the use of packaging materials and single-use disposables. We also strive to recycle and reuse products and materials to the greatest extent possible. The waste arising from operations is classified into Solid Rubbish, Organic Waste and Recyclable Rubbish.
- Solid Rubbish is collected and transferred to solid waste management company every three months to minimize environmental impact;
- Organic waste from our restaurant and garden is composted which is then used to fertilize our landscape and Kybimo organic garden.